.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rainy Run

We decided to go for a run first thing this morning.  Even though it was cloudy, we thought the rain would hold off.  It didn’t.  We were about 2 miles out when it started pouring.  At first the kids were laughing, but it didn’t take long for it to make them upset.  We darted about 1/2 a mile to a nearby park that had a covered pavilion and waited about 10 minutes for the rain to let up.  We were able to make it the 2.5 miles back without another downpour, but we were all pretty damp.  The kids took a warm bath and are now happily playing.

As we were leaving, I realized I forgot my water bottle, so I went back in the house to get it.  The kids looked cute lined up in the strollers, so I grabbed the camera and took a quick picture out the front window.

IMG_3082

I’m really struggling with motivation when it comes to running right now.  There aren’t really any races until the fall because it is just too hot here all summer.  We ran our half marathon back in March, I ran a trail race a few weeks later, and then we ran another short race as a family, but with nothing coming up for months I haven’t been running very often lately.  Today’s 5 mile run was easier than I expected given the rain and the fact that I haven’t run in 10 days, but I’m worried that it will get really hard in the fall if I don’t do anything for the next few months.  We are contemplating running the Houston marathon in January, so I don’t want to completely slack off.  I guess I need to just bite the bullet and run on the treadmill more often.  The thing I love about running is the peace and quiet of being outside, and the treadmill just isn’t the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment