.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Our First Date


Ok, maybe not our first date, but definitely our first date since becoming parents. Last night George and I went out to eat and to an Aerosmith concert. It was my first time away from the babies for more than an hour or so, and surprisingly, I survived! To be honest, I had been dreading the night since December when I realized it was just around the corner, but the babies were in wonderful hands. We even came back home after dinner to feed them before we went back out to the concert, and they were sound asleep when we got home.

Jake woke up around midnight to eat and then slept until 6am, and Grace didn't wake until 5am. I think this is the first time I have ever had a 5 hour stretch of sleep since the babies were born. Sure, they sleep longer stretches but never at the same time. They even went back to sleep until 7:30. I feel so great today. It's amazing what rest can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment